Re: log scale

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your response again. You perfectly pointed out how I should
have phrased my question. Forgive me for not asking it correctly the first
time.

Is it possible to use the
        public void setMinorTickSpacing(double spacing)
        public void setMajorTickSpacing(double spacing)
methods to place non-equidistant ticks on a scale?

On a log scale I would like to place major ticks at 5s and 10s. Therefore,
the relative distance between subsequent ticks should be 0.69897 and 1 (i.e.
log5, and log10) alternatively.

The relative distance between the small ticks should be  0.30103, 0.47712,
0.5020599, 0.7781512, 0.845098, 0,9030899, and 0.9542425 (i.e. log2, log3,
log4, log6, log7, log8, log9)
My problem is that I do not know if I can do this somehow with the two
methods above. So far I could use them only to make equidistant ticks.

Julius