Re: how to get the color value?

Hi Helen,

You may be able to do this by displaying your Field using
visad/bom/PickManipulationRendererJ3D.java. See the main()
method of that class for an example. Note the calls to
PickManipulationRendererJ3D.getCloseIndex() that will give
you the 'index' value of the point in your Field closest
to your click. Then you can call eveluate().

Good luck, Bill