Re: older verions of visad/jython

Tom Whittaker wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Campbell, Garrett wrote:
>
> > Great, a work around.
>
> Excellent.  You might want to read in your data objects and re-save them
> in a non-version-dependent manner....

You can do this by changing your code from:

  VisADForm().save(filename,fselect,1)

to:

  VisADForm(1).save(filename,fselect,1)

(I think that's the way to pass 'true' to the constructor ... I'm
still learning this Jython stuff)

This will use VisAD's own binary format, rather than Java's
serialization.  The VisAD-specific binary file classes are
slower than Java's serialization code, but are guaranteed to
be backward compatible even if the file format changes in the
future.