Re: keep the rubberband on screen?

Hello Hellen, Bill and everyone,

Bill Hibbard wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Helen Yi wrote:
>
> > I am new to VisAD, could you please give me some help on how to write the
> > new
> > class?
>
> You do it by creating a file full of Java code, similar to
> any source file that extends visad/DataRenderer.java. There
> is a partially completed DataRenderer tutorial on the VisAD
> web page. You may be better off to just live with the way
> RubberBandBoxRendererJ3D works. I cannot give you detailed
> advice on how to make the change you suggest - it is too
> complex.
>
> Bill

Perhaps an easier solution woult be to get the coordinates of the box
(which are printed out in the main() of RubberBandBoxRendererJ3D.java)
and construct a new 2D set (in the doAction() of Cell), with these
coordinates as nodes on a path. Then add this set to the display. When
doAction() is triggered again, destroy the old 2D set and construct a
new one, add it to the display and keep doing it while(
userIsUnhappyWithSelection ;-)

Cheers,

Ugo