How get range info from certain objects?

I want to use the setRange method of ScalarMap to reverse the polarity
of an axis, but first I need to know the max and min values of that
axis before I can reverse them. I have a GriddedSet being passed
into my procedure, which I assign to a DataReference, etc. If I then
do a System.out.println on the DataReference, I get a list "DomainDimension
1..."etc.
that has the information I need, but I couldn't find what method
to call to extract the specific range in the form to use it in code,
i.e. to alter and pass on to setRange.