From: Don Murray [mailto:dmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 11:19 AM
To: Luke A. Catania (TEC)
Subject: Re: Axis Title Overlaps Axis Tick Labels

Hi Luke-

This issue has not been resolved in the latest VisAD release, nor
has any work been done on it (at least I haven't had any time to look
at this).  The place to work on this is in AxisScale.makeScale().
One solution would be to allow the user to change the orientation
of the labels.  In 3D, the labels are oriented vertically.  But
then you have the problem of them overlapping each other in that
direction.

So, the simple answer is that it's a known (and annoying) problem,
but nobody (that I know of) is working on a solution.  Sorry
I don't have a better answer.  If anyone wants to work on this
and contribute a solution, that would be great.

Don Murray

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm