Re: Stereo viewing in VisAD/Python

Hi Mike,

> I would like to enable stereo viewing displays in VisAD/Python. Is there a
> direct way to do that with Python commands? If not, what VisAD/Java
> commands can I add to the Python code to do this? I am building a display
> in one case  (using subs.makeDisplay). I would also like to be able to use
> stereo with the "plot" command if possible.

I don't think there's anything about stereo in the
visad.python package, so you'll have to do it by invoking
Java constructors and methods of VisAD from Python. For an
example see the setupServerDisplays() method of
visad/examples/TestStereo.java. But you can use
DisplayImplJ3D.JPANEL instead of DisplayImplJ3D.APPLETFRAME.