Re: translation howto?

Brandon Kohn wrote:

> Thanks Bill.. I did just that and got some satisfactory results.  A question
> on direct manipulation.  I noticed that when a user performs direct
> manipulation on values that places the new value outside the plot box
> (indeed outside the entire graph&axes) the values are still plotted.  I'm
> assuming this is a bug?  Or is this something that a simple flag I have not
> set somewhere might address?

This is not a bug. Once applications calls to setRange()
and the auto-scaling logic has determined ranges for all
scaled ScalarMaps, auto-scaling ceases. New data can be
plotted outside the box. Most application designers do
not want the mapping ranges to be constantly changing.

If you want auto-scaling to always be applied, call

  DisplayImpl display = ...
  display.setAlwaysAutoScale(true);