Re: read polar data file: 1B AVHRR??

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Campbell, Garrett wrote:

> Has anyone tried to read and display AVHRR 1B data files?
> Can you navigate these polar orbiter data sets?

I cannot answer specifically about 1B data (although I believe there
is an ADDE server that can read these data); however, the navigation
for all polar orbiters will be latitude/longitude values at each pixel
for the forseeable future.  I looked into converting the McIDAS polar
nav model and it would likely take months...it is very, very complex.

tom

--
Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison