Re: VisAD and MPG files

Dave:

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 d-nguyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Does VisAD have capabilities to produce MPG files?

Not that I'm aware of; however, you could use visad.Util.captureDisplay()
to write JPEG files for, say, each frame of an animation if that's what
you're interested in {or, from Python:  saveplot()}.  There are several
ways to convert a series of JPGs to an MPEG (pic2mpg, ImageMagick + MPEG
utility, etc).

One of our grad students took this approach to capturing the images, and
then used the AnimationsApplet (AniS) to animated them on the web.

tom

--
Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison