Re: Mercator projection

Chhaya Mudgal wrote:

> Is it possible to do mercator projection using visad?

There are two classes that create VisAD CoordinateSystems with Mercator-type projections.

1) edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.MERCnav
      This is used to create an AREACoordinateSystem useful for
navigating satellite images.  Since it uses the navigation block
structure from the AREA file formats, you would have to mimic these
values in the constructor. If you want to use this, I'll try to find out the details of these parameters (I could not find them at the McIDAS site).

2) visad.jmet.GRIBCoordinateSystem
       This is used to create a lat/long (pseudo-Mercator) project for
grids.  The parameter list is in the Javadoc.

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison