Re: trace print in JYTHON?

Garrett:

As a follow-up, since I noticed that perhaps your only problem is that 'traceback' could not be found ... I did find the "traceback.py" in the "lib/" directory of a fully-installed version of Jython. Check to see if you have it; if you do and it is still not being found, you will need to edit the file named "registry" in your "python.home" directory, and include the directory where "traceback.py" is in the "python.path" variable.

It might also be helpful to include the directory where you normally keep your .py source files, as well as the "xxx/visad/python" directory (so you can "import subs" from anywhere).

Beyond that, I cannot be of any help...sorry...

tom

Campbell, Garrett wrote:

I looked up the jython code to print out the trace when an exception
occurs

This exception .py will not evec "compile"

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

copy from example:
http://www.python.org/doc/2.1/lib/traceback-example.html

import sys, traceback        # not acceptible

     def run_user_code(envdir):
         source = raw_input(">>> ")
         try:
             exec source in envdir
         except:
             print "Exception in user code:"
             print '-'*60
             traceback.print_exc(file=sys.stdout)
             print '-'*60

     envdir = {}
     while 1:
         run_user_code(envdir)

also tried:

from sys import traceback
def run_user_code(envdir):
 source = raw_input(">>> ")
 try:
  exec source in envdir
 except:
  print "Exception in user code:"
  print '-'*60
  traceback.print_exc(file=sys.stdout)    # not found
  print '-'*60

envdir = {}
while 1:
   run_user_code(envdir)

G. Garrett Campbell Ph. D.
Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere
Colorado State University
Ft. Collins, CO, USA
970 491 8497
campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx