Re: Scaling?

Hi Desiree,

> do you remember? You helped me last year in using the
> Delaunay-Triangulation of VisAD to create a Java3D Shape3D terrain.
> Now, I am trying something similar. I just want to create a terrain
> struxture out of a regular raster.
> I used a Linear2DSet in the example and I am getting a shape, but I don't
> want any scaling in my result. I tried setting
>
> eastMap.setRange(-1.0, 1.0);
> northMap.setRange(-1.0, 1.0);
> heightMap.setRange(-1.0, 1.0);
>
> which you suggested last year. But then the Shape is not longer displayed.
> The example program is attached.

Your setRange's must include the actual ranges of east,
north and height values. If you want 'no scaling' then
you should expand some of the ranges to make sure that
all the ranges have the same size. That is:

  eastMap.setRange(3532000.0, 3533000.0);
  northMap.setRange(5379000.0, 5380000.0);
  heightMap.setRange(0.0, 1000.0);

So the range of all is 1000.0. The surface will look very flat.