Re: Display.RGB prob on Java3D Linux-7.0

praveen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> hi,
>         Thanx bill and Jack for ur active replies.

Did you fix your Java3D problem? If so, let me know how because I'm
having the same problem with my new Red Hat 7.0 box.

>         Well I still hav one more at my disposal
>         Can any one help me out.
>         I am not getting the Display.RGB mapped on
>         the visad application.As a result the data is not
>         being displayed .
>         how can I get the data in RGB

I have that problem on my Debian Linux box when using 3D because of a
lack of texture support for my graphics card. I get around this by
doing:

display.getGraphicsModeControl().setTextureEnable(false);

Hope that helps.

Doug

| Doug Lindholm, Software Engineer          |  E-mail: lind@xxxxxxxx   |
| Research Applications Program             |   Phone: 303-497-8374    |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research  |                          |
| P.O. Box 3000                             |     There's no place     |
| Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000              |        like $HOME        |