Re: Mapping Problems

Hi Bill,

> The problem is that the Linear2DSet only has length = 2 along the
> Longitude axis, so the edges of this polygon span the entire span
> >from -180 to +180. Unfortunately, this is the criterion used by code
> designed to avoid map segments (and polygons) that wrap all the way
> around the earth because they cross the date line. You can fix it
> by subdividing the segment into shorter segments, as in the attached
> Junk.java (note length = 3 didn't work, so the criterion for long
> lines or polygon edges must not be the entire 360 degree span).

This works pretty good. But when I change the first Dimension of the
Linear2DSet from [-180, 180] to [-190, 190] I have the same problem than
before.
And I have another related problem with the RealType.Longitude which I think
is really curious. If I make a slicer along the Longitude-Axis so that I can
make Latitude-Altitude-Slices and move the slice over the magic
180deg-border the slicer shows the right behaviour. But if I go even further
the slicer is wrapped to the other side of the Longitude-Axis. I could
understand this if it would happen at 180deg but it happens at 216deg!? What
does this mean? The handle of my slicer is not wrapped to the other side.
Only the slicer itself shows this behaviour. Please have a look at the
attached code for an example. There I set the axis-range with
scalarMap.setRange(). But the behaviour is the same if the range is set
automatically because of the dataset.

Thanks a lot for your good work and your help, Mathias