Re: Controlling colors when displaying UnionSets

Hi Edward,

Good questions.

> Which brings me to a deeper question: since the above code only defines
> mappings for the XAxis and YAxis, why does anything appear at all?

Second question first: default values are defined for
DisplayRealTypes and these are used when they have no
ScalarMap.  The default values for Red, Green and Blue
are all 1.0, which adds up to white.

> Normally, I would hunt for the control on the relevant ScalarMap, which I
> would expect to look something like
>
>          ScalarMap map = new ScalarMap( tempType, Display.RGB);
>
> However, there isn't any mapping of the display type here: just the
> definitions of the axis.

You can override the default values by passing a ConstantMap[]
array to addReference(DataReference, ConstantMap[]), and
including:

  new ConstantMap(0.5, Display.Red), etc