Re: PickManipulationRenderer, attaining x,y,z coordinates

Hi Brad,

The transparent volume displays depend on texture mapping
which eliminates the locations of individial points that
PickManipulationRendererJ3D needs, so texture mapping is
turned off by PickManipulationRendererJ3D.  However, its
results with 3-D grids are unpredictable since it is a crap
shoot which 3-D grid point is closest to the ray defined by
the mouse click.

Note you can retrieve the numbers printed in the upper left
corner for the cursor location when the center mouse is
pressed using DisplayRenderer.getCursorStringVector().  See
an example in visad/examples/Test00.java.  You'd trigger by
creating a DisplayListener and waiting for
DisplayEvent.MOUSE_PRESSED_CENTER.