Re: Problem with 2d display rendering on Mac

Hi Ken,

You've found a subtle bug in VisAD.  It looks like the new
OS X JVM has an implementation of the defaultRGB color map
that doesn't use integers.  I have modified VisAD to watch
out for this possibility.  Thank you for finding this.

The fix is in:

  ftp://www.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/visad-2.0/ShadowFunctionOrSetType.java

Please use it to replace the ShadowFunctionOrSetType.java
file in your visad directory, and recompile, assuming that
you are compiling VisAD from source.

Please let me know if this does not fix your problem.
I'd also be interested to know if Test61 (volume
rendering) works on your OS X system, with the fixed