Re: getImage exception

Bill,

  getImage is getting called and not returning.  But...you identified
the problem.  The display is not mapped to the screen.  I want to take
the image and display it on my own panel (which implements drag and
drop)...I discovered it is much easer to display an image on a panel
that's DnD enabled than to retrofit the VisAD stuff to support DnD.  So
my idea was to make my DisplayImplJ2D d, get the image, pass it to my
panel without actually adding d.getComponent() to the screen.  So now
I've traded one problem for another.  Some days, that's progress :)

Thanks...

--

Paul Gifford, Capt, USAF

303-497-6556 voice