Re: Displaying Layered Data

Hi Vimal,

> But suppose I want to interpolate what values go in the gaps between layers,
> is there a way in VisAD to interpolate these values and display a solid
> cube?

If you have a FieldImpl field with MathType:

  (layer -> ((x, y) -> value))

you can call:

  FlatField ff = field.domainMultiply();

Then ff will have MathType:

  ((layer, x, y) -> value)

and you will be able to display it with 3-D iso-surfaces.
If you want to use true volume rendering, you'll need to
resample ff to a Linear3DSet (with some reasonable number
of evenly-spaced samples covering the ranges of layer, x
and y), as follows:

  Linear3DSet set = new Linear3DSet(...);
  FlatField linear_ff = ff.resample(set);

Now you can do true volume rendering of linear_ff, as in
visad/examples/Test61.java.