Re: How link displays

Hi Ricardo,

Good question.  The visad/rabin/Rain.java program, distributed
with VisAD, does this.  If you look in the code, you'll see
there is a 4 x 4 array of windows, and the program creates an
array ProjectionControl[][] projection_controls for each of
the displays, the Rain class implements ControlListener,
and calls:

  projection_controls[i][j] = displays[i][j].getProjectionControl();
  projection_controls[i][j].addControlListener(this);

for each display.  Then it implements the:

  public void controlChanged(ControlEvent e)

method and if the Control, is a ProjectionControl, it
copies its matrix to all the other ProjectionControls.

Please ignore the code that has to do with collaboration,
unless you want that (it adds some complexity).  Also note
that the controlChanged() method must deal with events
from ColorControls too, and you can ignore that.

I have taken the liberty of copying this answer to the
visad-list since it should be of general interest.

Regards,