Re: Axis labeling and axis interaction

Hi Henner,

I have thought more about your second question:

> - secondly i want these labels to be interactive: if the users clicks a
> label, i want the corresponding 2D data to be displayed in a seperate 2D
> display.

and have decided that the system needs a new class
visad/bom/PickRendererJ3D.java.  It will render data just
like visad/java3d/DefaultRendererJ3D.java, but when the user
clicks the right mouse button closest to a data object
rendered using PickRendererJ3D, it will trigger an event
(specifically, a ThingChangedEvent) on the data but not
change the value of the data.

In other words, you'll simply be able to connect each data
in a scene to its own CellImpl, and when the user clicks
on a data its CellImpl will fire.  This will let your users
choose a particular axis label, if each label is its own
data object and includes PickRendererJ3D in its
DisplayImpl.addReference() call.

I am travelling now so won't be able to add PickRendererJ3D
to the system until next week some time.