Gridded2D question

  • To: billh <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Gridded2D question
  • From: Cuong T Chau <Chau_Cuong_T@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: 05 Jun 2000 13:53:43 -0500
  • Alternate-recipient: Allowed
  • Conversion: Allowed
  • Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
Hi Bill,

My apologies if this was not a recommended practice to ask question regarding
 the usage of VISAD. Firstable let me thank you and your colleagues to provide
 such a useful tool. I was looking for some sort of utility to plot a 3D curve
 and was ecstatic to find your tool. I have a very simple plotting problem but
 have spent about a week going through various VISAD tutorial and samples but
 still couldn't find an anwser for it. Basically, I would like to produce a
 plot that represent this relationship (x,y) -> z. The x axis in my case will
 be an 5 element array and 10 elements for the y axis. My question is how do I
 represent them using the Gridded2DSet. In one of the samples that shipped with
 VISAD, somebody gave the following instruction:

        double[][] samples = new double[dim][nrs];
        set = new Gridded2DDoubleSet(xy, samples, size, size);
nrs in my case would be 5 * 10 = 50
dim would be 2
I don't know what size should it be in this case....

I only a total of 15 sample points (both x and y) so I don't know where I would
 go to find other sample points that are needed for
VISAD. Any answer to this question is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cuong Chau