Re: missing ms and rmi classes on NT

Bill Hibbard wrote:

> Pedro Silva wrote:
>
> > Anybody knows a non comand line tool (GUI) for compiling AND debugging Visad
> > on NT/98, apart from VJ++ ?
>
> They must exist, but I'm strictly a vi and jdb guy.

I've been using JBuilder3 doing VisAD development for several months now on an
NT-based machine. By setting up VisAD and Java3D as libraries (using the visad
jar files, and copying the J3D.dll and j3daudio.dll files into JBuilder's bin
directory), I can use it to create VisAD applications and employ JB's debugger
and "as-you-type" method signature information -- two really important (for
me) features.

It is not without some problems, including a bit of a learning curve, but for
some Java work it has made it a lot faster for me to get things rolling.

Inprise just released JBuilder3 Foundation for Linux, Solaris and Windows. It
would allow you to evaluate it, but apparently you'd need to later buy the
Professional edition to be able to change JDK versions (they have 1.2.2 built
into this one).  It is a Java application and has a slightly different feel
than the JBuilder3-in-a-box.

tom

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)