Re: netCDF again

Eugene,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I am still having trouble understanding how to setup a netCDF file. I
> have:
>
> Time -> (Temp, Humidity)
>
> Sample1: Temp = 5, Humidity = 4
> Sample2: Temp = 6, Humidity = 5
> Sample3: Temp = 7, Humidity = 8
>
> All I want to do is try and write this information out to a netCDF file
> but I have no idea how to start so help please??

Here's a little test class that does this:

    import visad.Data;
    import visad.data.netcdf.Plain;
    public class InOut
    {
        public static void main(String[] args)
            throws Exception
        {
            Plain       plain = new Plain();
            Data        input = plain.open("1.nc");
            System.out.println("input = " + input);
            plain.save("2.nc", input, true);
        }
    }

I ran it on the netCDF file correspoding to the following CDL file:

    netcdf 1 {
        dimensions:
            Time = 3;
        variables:
            float Temp(Time);
            float Humidity(Time);
        data:
            Temp = 5, 6, 7;
            Humidity = 4, 5, 8;
    }

It generated the following output:

    input = FlatField
        FunctionType (Real): (Time) -> (Temp, Humidity)
    (5.0, 4.0), (6.0, 5.0), (7.0, 8.0)

and reproduced the input, netCDF file.

--------