beginner's questions

Hi,

I downloaded VisAD a couple of days ago, I can run all examples at
win95, but I don't know how to start to write my own code.

I want to display a set of (X,Y,Z) value.

X is time Series. from 1 to 24
Y is temperature at the time.
Z is dates.

Sample data:
01,    10,    Nov. 17,1999
02,    12,    Nov. 17,1999
03,    12,    Nov. 17,1999
04,    15,    Nov. 17,1999
05,    16,    Nov. 17,1999
..,    ..,    .....................
..,    ..,    .....................
24,    10,    Nov. 17,1999
01,    09,    Nov. 18,1999
02,    10,    Nov. 18,1999
..,    ..,    .....................
..,    ..,    .....................
24,    08,    Nov. 18,1999

How can I display this? And also from above sample data, change to (X,
Y)  data, like:

01,    10
02,    12
03,    12
04,    15
05,    16
..,      ..
..,      ..
24,    10
25,     9
26,    10
..,      ..
48,    08

Can I draw this (X, Y) data using Visad?

Basically, I have two buttons(3D, 2D) on a frame and only the first data
set file. If 3D is clicked, 3D graph will show up with the first set
data. If 2D is clicked, 2D graph will show up with the second data set.
Can I do this using Visad? Which Test example at visad\examples
directory should I study in order to do this?

Thank you in advance,
Xinman