Visad on Linux

Hi all,

I was eager to test visad for a long time but I am using mainly
a Linux box. I now have Java2 and Java3D on it so I start the
installation. I encounter some problems of compilation that are
reportrd below :

javac -J-mx32m DisplayTest.java
DisplayTest.java:12: Class TestSkeleton not found.
  private static TestSkeleton getTestClass(int num)
                              ^
DisplayTest.java:21: Class TestSkeleton not found.
    TestSkeleton skel = null;
    ^
DisplayTest.java:25: Class TestSkeleton not found.
        skel = (TestSkeleton )caseClass.newInstance();
                ^
DisplayTest.java:33: Variable skel may not have been initialized.
    return skel;
           ^
DisplayTest.java:42: Class TestSkeleton not found.
    TestSkeleton skel = null;
    ^
5 errors
javac -J-mx32m Earth.java
Earth.java:101: Class GeoDisplay not found.
        GeoDisplay      display = new GeoDisplay();
        ^
Earth.java:101: Class GeoDisplay not found.
        GeoDisplay      display = new GeoDisplay();
                                      ^
2 errors

I have slighty modified the Makefile for the shared library so
that there are not anymore hard-coded for solaris machines.

Then I have got the visad.jar file (to get rid of the compilation
problems) but I get another problem :the frame is disappearing
immediatly after the program is loaded (I can hardly see it).
Have you already met this ? Any idea ?

Thanks

Guillaume