status of unstructured grids

After a long absence from VisAD, I'm simply checking back to see if the status
of displaying unstructured grids (+ scalars) has changed since I last used it.
My earlier experience was basically this:

 - given my unstructured grid of hexahedral cells, I needed to convert them
   to tetrahedra
 - I could then display the grid, but only as points

Sorry for the brevity.  I can supply the actual code if anyone is interested.
If others have been working with unstructured grids, I'd like to hear about/see
your results.  Similarly, if anyone is doing remote visualization with VisAD,
I'd like to hear about it.

thanks,
Randy