Re: VisAD

Hi Eugene,

I left out one important constraint in my first approach,
via IrregularSets and DelaunayCustom, to representing graphs.
The DelaunayCustom constructor takes an array of vertex
locations (samples) and a 'tri' array, but does not take an
array of edges between vertices.  The edges are implicit in
'tri', which for 2-D vertex locations is an array of triangles
and for 3-D vertex locations is an array of tetrahedra.  Thus
graphs represented this way must have all their edges as parts
of trangles or tetrahedra.  Furthermore, the triangles or
tetrahedra should define a topology that is consistent with
the geometry defined by the vertex locations.

Also, as I said in my last email, sets are currently displayed
as faces or vertices, but not as edges.  However, display as
edges is certainly possible and something we would look at doing
once I return from the UK, if you or anyone wishes to represent
graphs using IrregularSets and DelaunayCustom.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738

"kill cross-platform Java by growing the polluted Java market"
   - from an internal Microsoft planning document