[udunits] Announcement: Physics::Udunits2, a perl-wrapper for udunits2

I just uploaded a perl-wrapper for the udunits2 library to CPAN. The package name is Physics::Udunits2 and it will appear as Physics-Udunits2-0.03.tar.gz under http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-authors/id/H/HE/HEIKOK/
It might take some hours to get there due to internal CPAN handling.

Physics::Udunits2 is a thin wrapper around the udunits2 package. It supports most functions of the C-API documentation. The following function groups have been left out in the current release: visitors, formatting of unit-names, and mapping of names and symbols.

A short example:

  use Physics::Udunits2;
  my $system = new Physics::Udunits2();
  my $mUnit = $system->getUnit("m");
  my $kmUnit = $system->getUnit("km");
  if ($mUnit->isConvertibleTo($kmUnit)) {
     my $converter = $mUnit->getConverterTo($kmUnit);
     foreach my $num (1..1000) {
           printf("%fm = %fkm\n", $num, $converter->convert($num));
     }
  }

Feedback is welcome.

Heiko