Re: [tiggeusers] TIGGE user workshop at Third THORPEX International Science Symposium

NOTE: The tiggeusers mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

As many of you will have heard, the THORPEX science symposium was postponed
until September due to the H1N1 flu outbreak.

As before, we would like to encourage as many as possible users, and potential
users, of TIGGE data to attend the meeting, and to participate in the TIGGE
user workshop that will form part of the symposium.  There will also be an
opportunity to learn about and discuss plans for the development of the planned
Global Interactive Forecast System.

A new call for papers has been now issued, inviting additional contributions
for the rescheduled conference.

Richard Swinbank

CALL FOR PAPERS, 3rd THORPEX International Science Symposium,
Monterey, CA, USA, 14-18 September 2009

Due to the postponement of the meeting from May to September,  the abstract
submission deadline has been extended until 15 July 2009. The general
categories of submission are

(1) THORPEX Regional Campaigns and Cross Cutting Research Themes (RCCCRT)
(2) Data Assimilation and Observing Systems (DAOS)
(3) Predictability and Dynamical Processes (PDP)
(4) THORPEX Interactive Grand Global Ensemble (TIGGE)
(5) Societal and Economic Research and Applications (SERA)

We welcome new submissions, which will most likely become poster presentations.
Posters will be highlighted prominently in the meeting and the TTISS will
expand our poster sessions to accommodate these additional submissions. The
number of oral slots is limited since we have already received a diverse
collection of high quality submission and the number of cancellations has been
relatively small.

To register for a symposium, submit a paper and/or to make hotel reservation,
please, go to http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/arep/wwrp/new/thorpex_ttiss.html.
Note that we strongly encourage the participation of graduate students at the
symposium. The same web page also includes up-to-date information on the
symposium including a provisional agenda compiled from papers submitted for the
earlier deadline. Note that if your abstract has already been accepted for oral
or poster presentation, it will be included in the September programme in the
same session where it was scheduled for May.

?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally a note for US participants. We expect to have funding available from
the National Science Foundation to support the travel of a limited number of
students at US universities. Priority will be given to those students whose
research advisor will also attend and can act as a mentor during the meeting.
(Further details of this opportunity will be coming soon).

 On behalf of

 Jim Hansen
 Chair of the Organizing Committee

 and

 Istvan Szunyogh
 Programme Chair of the Organizing Committee

  • Search the tiggeusers archives: