[thredds] To Catalog or not to catalog

Hi All:

I just ran into this, and it caused problems because of all proxying we do, and
this produced a URL that wasn't proxied.

So, if I go to

http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/thredds/

And choose the link for  "SST, Blended, Global, EXPERIMENTAL"

I get:

http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/thredds/Satellite/aggregsatBA/ssta/catalog.html

and then click on that takes me to

http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/thredds/Satellite/aggregsatBA/ssta/catalog.html?dataset=satellite/BA/ssta/mday

Now if instead I choose the link for " FNMOC NOGAPS (1-Degree) Datasets/"

I get:

http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/thredds/FNMOC/NOGAPS/onedegree/catalog.html

and if I choose the top one for pressure I get:

http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog/FNMOC/NOGAPS/onedegree/pressure/6hr/catalog.html

Note the "catalog" after the thredds, that I didn't get in the other case.  We
have examples of the  same thing when the data are not featureCollections, so
it is not specific to this.  Is there any reason for the different behavior in
the URL, or when we should expect the extra term "catalog" and when we should
not.  Is this because of the deeper nesting of the catalogs?

Thanks,

-Roy

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst