Re: [thredds] Thredds-Error when serving a nc-file in opendap

Heiko,

The netcdf file is wrongly defined and the OpenDAP service gets confused when a variable array has a dimensión with no size.

The Polar_Stereographic_Grid variable is in fact a dimensionless variable been used for defining a geo projection following the CF convention:
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.0/cf-conventions.html#grid-mappings-and-projections

The Netcdf file appears to generated a dimensionless variable (scalar variable or 0-dim variable) using an unlimited dimension with no size.

One solution is to regenerate the file.

The other way is to re-publish the dataset using NCML to remove the dimension and redefining the variable. Please loak at the attache file and the the resulting dataset in:
http://www.meteo.unican.es/thredds/catalog/SANDBOX/catalog.html?dataset=SANDBOX/GLO_9_jostedal_LT5_20060916_104312_polar.ncml

(remember to modify the location to your local file)

Regards

Antonio

--
Antonio S. Cofiño