[thredds] How to control caching of Aggregated datasets?

Hi,

I have a thredds aggregated dataset, with the setup in catalog.xml:
   <netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>
<aggregation dimName="time" type="joinExisting" recheckEvery="10 seconds">
    <netcdf location="/file1.nc" coordValue="1" />
    <netcdf location="/file2.nc" coordValue="2" />
    </aggregation>
   </netcdf>

After changing the aggregation, i.e. by adding a new file, e.g. file3.nc, or by changing the coordValue, I usually run reinitialize the catalogues with /thredds/admin/debug?catalogs/reinit

The changes appear in the opendap stream first after a while (some hours?). The only way I currently found to make the correct results really appear in opendap is to do the following shortly after each others:
a) clear file object caches
b) delete the corresponding aggregation cache file from the disk.
(And I'm not sure if this allways works?)

Is there a better way to control aggregation changes in the catalog.xml file, i.e. to flush any aggregation-caches when the aggregation changes?

Best regards,

Heiko