Re: [thredds] use of "variables" metadata and odd appearance on

> When I add variables in the metadata section of my TDS catalog,
> they appear on the TDS catalog page with a mysterious blank
> entry such as: "temp = = sea_water_potential_temperature
> (Celsius)". What can I add to get the "= =" filled in? I don't
> find anything in the documentation about an additional
> parameter, such as description or long_name that might fill this
> in. Here is the example metadata entry in my catalog:
>
> <metadata>
>   <variables vocabulary="CF-1.4">
>     <variable name="temp"
> vocabulary_name="sea_water_potential_temperature" units="Celsius" />
>   </variables>
> </metadata>

To answer my own question for future reference, you can do the following to
solve the above problem:

<variable name="temp" vocabulary_name="sea_water_potential_temperature"
units="Celsius">temperature</variable>

i.e. You can put the variable's long name inside the <variable></variable> tags
and this will then appear on the catalog page.
Cheers,
John Maurer
Hawaii Ocean Observing System (HiOOS)