[SuomiNet] half the suominet map gray (no data) due to the shutdown of .gov ftp servers

Much of the eastern US data processed by the suominet project is data collected by the state DOTs + US coast guard and collected in one convenient spot with the CORS project and ftp data server. The CORS ftp server is currently down. I may have to rethink the wisdom of the one convenient central data location since it is also a single point of failure.

Suominet data from our university partners is unaffected and processing of the sites for which I have working data streams will continue.

Sorry for any inconvenience,
Teresa and the suominet team.

  • Search the suominet archives: