1. The moratorium on changes at the NWS Telecommunications Operations Center (TOC)
is expected to end in late February or early March. As soon as the moratorium is
lifted NCEP will begin the transition from GRIB1 to GRIB2, by placing duplicate
GRIB2 files on the TOC FTP server. Both sets of data will remain on the TOC FTP
server for a minimum of 180 days.
2. A directory of NCEP model data available on both the TOC & NCEP FTP servers is
The WEB site also contains a full parameter list for each data file. Currently
information is only available for NAM, GFS, Global Ensemble, RSAS, RUC, ECMWF, and
UKMET. Information on other data availability will be added shortly.
3. Upcoming changes to NCEP's production suite can be viewed at the following
This WEB site contains details on any product or timing changes that are associated
with upcoming implementations.
4. Maintenance of subscriptions to the JIF memo mailing list can be performed via a
new list server at:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *