[noaaport] Question about pixel scale when re-projecting GOES-R fixed grid images

Does anyone know of a technical document that describes image
transformation/registration for the GOES-R?   I've done a couple of web
searches, but have been unsuccessful.

I am developing software to re-project GOES-R images and display them on a map.
 Although it seems straightforward, I had trouble with pixel scaling for
fixed-grid images when I overlay an IR image with geopolitical boundaries, the
alignment isn't quite right. I came up with a correction factor through
trial-and-error, but would prefer something a little more sound from a
technical perspective.

So what I would like to find is something describing the mathematics of the
image and how geographic coordinates can be mapped to pixel coordinates (and
vice versa).   I've made a start using the information in "User Guide for
GOES-R Imagery on the NOAAPort Satellite Broadcast Network", but was hoping to
find a more detailed description.

If anyone has a lead on this, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Gary
  • Search the noaaport archives: