[noaaport] Frequency change and any future interference?

On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 23:39 -0600, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
> I asked again when they will switch
> back to broadcasting on 1193.500 MHZ. "Right now", the kind gentleman
> said at the NWS Telecomm Gateway, "everyone is just happy to be back
> on
> the air."

Does anyone know when the usage of 1138.5 frequency will cease? I'm
getting a better feed on the 1193.5 right now. We have the luxury of 2
dishes, so I have one receiving the 1138.5 and the other on the 1193.5
frequency. Would just like to know when/if they'll be ceasing the 1138.5
frequency.

As for the Galaxy 15 the original notice was for Dec 12 - Dec 18...is
this just an early interference or should we expect this to repeat over
the next few days? I've read a little about the inability to properly
predict the failure and path, but I'm just wondering if the date range
is due to the uncertainty of the failure or if the Galaxy 15 will
continue to cross the SES-1 path over the next few days.

--
Eric M. Hudish
ZedX, Incorporated

"User error: Replace user and press any key to continue."

  • Search the noaaport archives: