[noaaport] 20100825: readnoaaport1.4.1 Missing GOES Fragment

Hi Kevin,

re:
> I am attempting to run readnoaaport 1.4.1 with ldm 6.8.0. I have
> a DVB on one end coming into a netgear gb switch, off of which I
> have two noaaport receiving systems running two different types of
> software. The one running the readnoaaport1.4.1 is having
> problems with satellite data. Specifically, visible frames.  I'm
> not necessarily a developer, so I can't really figure out what the
> code is doing, but I am getting this specific error:
>
> ERROR: Missing GOES fragment in sequence number
>
> Is this a memory problem? Can anyone give me a clue?

First, can you let us know the specifics of the machine on which you
are running noaaport v1.4.1 (e.g., Fedora 12 Linux, 8 GB RAM, dual core
Xeon processor, etc.)?

Second, can you let us know how you configured the noaaport entries
in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf?

re:
> The other
> receiver doesn't seem to be missing data at all, but is running
> proprietary software to listen to the SBN stream.

Is the hardware the same on each of your systems?

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*

  • Search the noaaport archives: