[noaaport] 20100518: re: postponement of backup NCF server test

All,

Gilbert Sebenste relayed the following information to the group:

  Subject: Backup NCF test postponed...

  NOUS72 KNCF 182043
  ADMNCF

  THE OPERATIONAL TEST OF THE AWIPS
  NETWORK CONTROL FACILITY (NCF) BACKUP SERVERS
  HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
  ncf/jb

NB:

Even though the test of the backup NCF has been postponed because of
declaration of a critical weather day, we intend to transition
to use of the noaaport-1.4.1 ingest code on machines that feed NOAAPort
data into the IDD.  We will be making the transition at approx. 23:45Z today.

The only change that users should see after the transition is
SDUS8 products will be moved from the HDS to NEXRAD3 data feed.

Rationale:

 This change allows future dual-polarization products to be included in
 the NEXRAD3 datastream, and it will cause the SDUS DPA products to move
 from the HDS to NEXRAD3 datafeeds.

Impact:

 You, and/or users who feed from you may have LDM pattern-action file
 actions that process DPA products from HDS.  After the new code is up
 and running, sites using the DPA products will need to modify their
 setups to process the DPA products from the NEXRAD3 feed.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas
Unidata User Support
--
Unidata User Support                              UCAR Unidata Program <

  • Search the noaaport archives: