Re: [noaaport] 20100303: operational test of AWIPS NCF backup servers on March 15

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Tom Yoksas wrote:

All,

The message forwarded below alerts us to a test of the AWIPS Network
Control Facility (NCF) backup servers.
NB:

The last time that the backup facility (back on October 7, 2009) was
tested, some bad GRIB2 products caused Unidata NOAAPort ingest code to
exit with errors, and that would cause the LDM running on the ingest
machines to also exit.  The problem was that several GRIB2 messages were
run together into a single SBN product, and our code was unable to handle
the bad data.

Hopefully, this time there no bad products will be introduced into
the SBN.  We will monitor ingest closely during the test of the backup
servers, and work with NOAA if any problems arise.

Tom,

I know there was talk of the noaaport code to be changed so that it could be more robust in situations like this. What is the status of that software?

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the noaaport archives: