[noaaport] LDM Ingestion from NOAAPort

I'm in the process of rolling my own NOAAPort and have just finished installing
a new Ubuntu server and installed LDM per the instructions I found at
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/xcd/dvb/ldm_install.html.  I am
completely new to the world of NOAAPort and LDM, and am therefore struggling
with the conceptual view of what I yet need to get installed and how to
configure it for my needs.  What I've gleaned so far is that LDM is a generic
product and I need a DVB Reader plugin specifically designed to read the
NOAAPort channels and somehow import that data into LDM.  This is where I'm
stuck.  I cannot seem to find an accessible DVB Reader anywhere.  The
"Procedure #2" instructions at the above wisc.edu site seem to be my ticket,
but I cannot download the DVB Reader for lack of a username and password into
this site.  I'm looking for input on whether my understanding is correct on the
remaining steps I need to follow to get to an operational NOAAPort feed, and
how I can get past this current hurdle of not being able to find downloadable
DVB Reader software.  Note that if I go into Ubuntu's Synaptic Package Manager
and search for "DVB Reader", I get a long list of selectable options, but I
have no idea what I should be installing (if any of them).  Also note that I
will only be interested at this time in pulling in the NWS data products from
the NOAAPort, which I believe are on the NWSTG Channel (meaning I currently
will not be seeking to process the binary and graphical data).  Thank you!

  • Search the noaaport archives: