Re: [netcdfgroup] [netcdf-java] Quantize Support in netCDF-Fortran: Only Bit Groom possible?

Quantized data can be read by all versions of netCDF-4.

The reason is that the quantization is applied as the data are written.
>From that point on, it's just normal netCDF data. The fact that some of the
bits have been smoothed away can only be seen in the presence of an
attribute we add to the variable to record it.

Keep on NetCDFing!
Ed Hartnett