Re: [netcdfgroup] [EXTERNAL] Re: Can I build zstandard support in netCDF with a static build?

Hi Matt and Charlie,

Correct me if I am wrong, but when I compile netcdf-c v.4.9.0 with the option
--with-plugin-dir, then this is the default location for the HDF5 plugins. Only
when a user has its own plugins it should extent the search path using
HDF5_PLUGIN_PATH. Then when I compile netcdf-fortran or nco (the latter
compiled without the option --with-hdf5-plugin-path) against this version of
the netcdf-c library, they will also look at the same default location or use
the HDF5_PLUGIN_PATH search path.

As a maintainer, I would discourage (non-expert) users to use set the
environment variable HDF5_PLUGIN_PATH. And keep all the necessary plugins at
one place.

Greetings, Richard