Re: [netcdfgroup] nc4 file variable creation order question

On 10/27/17 6:40 PM, Thompson, Matt (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] wrote:
Netcdf Gurus,

[1] Note: I *think* they are not sorted in the Fortran code. I see nothing saying to do so. This is not code I maintain.

I decided to asked someone smarter than I (aka the writer of the code in question) and it turns out this is an effect of when we switched from ESMF 4 to ESMF 5 back in the day.

They changed the order they stored items in their container classes from "as they were added" to "alphabetical".

Thank you for your time and sorry for the bother!

Matt
--
Matt Thompson, SSAI, Sr Scientific Programmer/Analyst
NASA GSFC,    Global Modeling and Assimilation Office