Re: [netcdfgroup] Content-Based Checksums of a netCDF dataset

Hi Charlie,

sounds like exactly the things I had in mind.

https://github.com/willirath/netcdf-hash/blob/master/ncks_digest_demo.sh gets an example file, converts it to different equivalent files, and runs `ncks` with `--md5_write_attribute` across all files. The results look very promising.

I think, I'll be able to do everything I need with what's already possible with NCO. (That sentence must have been written or many times!)

I'm having a few issues with the order of dimensions in the output of `ncks`, though. I'll double-check and get back to you via the NCO bug tracker if necessary.

Thanks a lot!

Willi