Re: [netcdfgroup] nf90_netcdf4, nf90_mpiio, etc. names cannot be found

On 04/05/2017, Wei-keng Liao <wkliao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please also check file libnetcdf.settings under
> /cm/shared/libraries/intel_build/netcdf-4-intel-16.par/lib
>
> You should see the following line if parallel I/O is supported.
>
> NC-4 Parallel Support:  yes

ok, maybe this is my problem.
I haven't even got this file:

$ find /cm/shared/libraries/intel_build/ -name "libnetcdf.se*"
$

$ ls /cm/shared/libraries/intel_build/netcdf-4-intel-16.par/lib/
libnetcdf.a  libnetcdff.a  libnetcdff.la  libnetcdf.la  pkgconfig
$

I see here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*quote*
NetCDF creates a libnetcdf.settings file after configuration now
*end quote*

Does this means my netcdf installation is somehow deficient?

CAn I generate this settings file myself somehow?

Or maybe I should alert the sysadmin that their install
of netcdf is buggy?

Anton