Re: [netcdfgroup] help4Netcdf4.2

Hi Alex

You say:

> All these issues leads to 'libhdf5_hl.so.7 not found, but I find it in
> /usr/local/include dir.

Hmmm ...
Just to avoid confusion.
Is the libhdf5_hl.so.7 really installed in /usr/local/include,
or is it in /usr/local/lib or /usr/local/lib64 perhaps?
Libraries go to directories named lib or lib64, not to include.
Include/header files go to /usr/local/include.
Executables to to /usr/local/bin.
Sticking to this convention saves you a lot of headaches.

If the libraries were installed by mistake on /usr/local/include,
I'd suggest that you reinstall HDF5, and perhaps libz (if it is misplaced also) and direct them to /usr/local.
[After cleaning up the previous installation, of course.]
I.e. during configure, use --prefix=/usr/local.

If the HDF5 and libz libraries are already in /usr/local/lib, or in /usr/local/lib64, maybe your linker/loader is not configured to search
for things in /usr/local/lib or /usr/local/lib64?
In this case, you could set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to where
the HDF5 library is, to force the linker to find it.
Something like this (please adjust to what you actually have):

[sh/bash syntax]
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

[csh/tcsh syntax]
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH  /usr/local/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

If the problem persists, it may help if you send the configure
commands that you actually used to install libz, HDF5 and NetCDF (C and Fortran bindings).

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa