Re: [netcdfgroup] Behaviour of ncdump -t option

Philip

I just ran into this problem this morning with time bounds in one of our
files. In addition to specifying a variable, it would also be nice to be
able to specify an attribute; specifically something like

ncdump -v time:actual_range -t time myfile.nc  (or whatever for syntax;
I'm not picky).

where we have actual_range encoded in udunits. I was told it would be
too hard for ncdump -t to figure out which attributes to decode but if
one could specify the variable on the command line then it doesn't need
to decide.

Cathy Smith
NOAA/ESRL PSD